Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) is a diagnostic technology used with an in-vitro fertilization (IVF) procedure for the genetic profiling of the embryo prior to implantation in the uterus. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis is intended for use in the selection of embryos without genetic disorders, thereby increasing the chances of the successful pregnancy, and for embryonic-sex selection. High prevalence of undiagnosed congenital disorders -at the early stage – has created an impending need for PGD testing. PGD is primarily used to diagnose severe disorders such as cancer and other genetic disorders in the embryos before commencing the IVF treatment.
Presently, the PGD market is witnessing impressive growth owing to the increasing rates of infertility and a large adoption of IVF technology worldwide. Another key factor driving the PGD market is rising fertility tourism, especially, in emerging economies. However, the high procedural cost, inadequate reimbursement policies and ethical considerations related to the embryo-based studies are key factors that limit the growth of the global PGD market.
Overcoming the lack of technological awareness, particularly in under-developed economies would be a major challenge for companies to sustain their growth in the global PGD market.The PGD market is segmented on the basis of technology, applications, end-users, PGD products and geography. Based on technology, the market is further segmented into polymerase chain reactions, fluorescence in-situ hybridization, next generation sequencing and comparative genomic hybridization. Based on applications, the market is segmented into, chromosomal abrasions, inheritable genetic disorders, gender identification, HLA typing and sex-linked disorders. Based on end-users, the market is segmented into hospitals/diagnostic centers, fertility clinics, and academic and research institutes. In accordance to the products used in PGD, the market is segmented in to instruments used, reagents, software and accessories (kits) used in the diagnostic tests.
Geographically, the global PGD Market is segmented across four regions namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. One of the key strategies adopted by the leading industry players is product launch. Companies such as Perkin Elmer are largely focusing on the production of PGD testing technologies such as GeneAmp 9700 PCR and FISH Systems. The companies profiled in this report include Abbott Laboratories, Inc., PerkinElmer, Inc., Quest Diagnostics, Inc., Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Illumina, Inc., Genesis genetics, Reprogenetics, LLC, Natera, Inc., GeneDx, Inc. and Rubicon Genomics, Inc.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the preimplantation genetic diagnosis market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the market behavior.
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and market potential for the period of 20142020, in terms of value.
- The pre-implantation genetic diagnosis market scenario is comprehensively analyzed in accordance to the key regions.
- Exhaustive analysis of the Global PGD market by type helps in understanding the PGD technologies that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of leading preimplantation genetic diagnosis technologies) highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across geographies.
- A detailed SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- The Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis market is segmented based on the technology, applications, end-users, PGD products and by the geography.
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis market by technology
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- Fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH)
- Next generation sequencing (NGS)
- Comparative genomic hybridization (CGH)
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis market by applications
- Chromosomal abrasion
- Gene deletions
- Genetic translocations
- Genetic Inversions
- Inheritable genetic disorders
- Single gene disorders
- Hereditary Cancer
- Muscular dystrophy
- Fragile X-syndrome
- Cystic fibrosis
- Huntingtons disease
- Genetic Identification
- HLA typing
- Sex-linked disorders
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis market by end-users
- Hospitals/diagnostic centres
- Fertility clinics
- Academic and research institutes
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis market by PGD products
- PGD instruments
- PGD reagents
- PGD software
- PGD accessories (kits)
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis market by geography
- North America